‘Tis the season for music on the Kitsap Peninsula. From country great Pam Tillis to jazz pianist Overton Berry to the Navy Band Northwest, we’ve got a variety of entertainment that is sure to give you a much-needed respite from the holiday hustle and bustle. Bring friends and family ‘cause live music is a great early Christmas present.
Here’s a partial list. Check the calendar at Visit Kitsap Peninsula for more.
- Izzi and Friends – Katherine Izzi sings and Bob Antolin, Ray Wood and Ted Enderle back her up on jazz, blues and ballads from 5-8 p.m. at Cash Brewing Co. in Silverdale. All ages; no cover.
- Home for the Holidays – The Navy Band Northwest’s Jazz Ensemble and Rock Band deliver a rousing concert at 7 p.m. Dec. 10 at the Bremerton High School Performing Arts Center. Expect a special guest from the North Pole. Free admission. Click for details.
- Sing Noel! – The Bainbridge Chorale teams with Olympic Girls’ Choir to perform music from across continents and cultures, including the opening chant from “Frozen,” based on traditions of the Sami people of Scandinavia and Russia. Family show at 3:30 p.m. Dec. 12. Full shows at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 12 and 3 p.m. Dec. 13. For tickets.
- Café Jacamoe – Kitsap’s newest hotspot offers jazz and blues in a former creamery in historic downtown Poulsbo. Ranger and the Re-Arrangers play gypsy jazz at 9 p.m. Dec. 11 and bluesy JD Hobson Band takes the stage at 9 p.m. Dec. 12 during Second Saturday Art Walk. For details.
- Jazz Sunday – The Bremerton Youth Jazz Ensemble performs at 2 p.m. Dec. 13 at Collective Visions art gallery in Bremerton. Free admission. For more info.
- The Magnificat and Tchaikovsky – The Bremerton Symphony Orchestra and Bremerton Symphony Chorale perform at 2 p.m. Dec. 13. Selections also include holiday favorites and a world premiere piece by Vaughn Williams. For tickets.
- Overton Berry & Mark Lewis – Northwest jazz legend Berry on the grand piano joins saxophone and flute master Lewis from 6-9 p.m. Dec. 18 at Casa Mexico in Keyport. Berry has played all over the world for more than 50 years p.m. every second and fourth Tuesday at and is well-known on the Seattle jazz circuit. All ages. No cover. For information.
- Pam Tillis, Christmas and Classics – The award-winning country singer/songwriter performs at 8 p.m. Dec. 19 at the Clearwater Casino Event Center. Known for such songs as “Maybe It Was Memphis,” “Mi Vida Loca,” and from her album “Just in Time for Christmas,” “Beautiful Night,” she is also an actress and the daughter of country legend Mel Tillis. For tickets.